Follow Four Hour Body for four weeks
Set Start Date: March 17, 2014
Starting Protocol/Weekly Check-in/End Protocol:
– WEIGH BODY WEIGHT
– MEASURE both upper arms (mid-bicep), waist (horizontal at navel), hips (at widest point below waist), and both legs (mid-thigh). Total these numbers to arrive at your Total Inches (TI).
– ESTIMATE BODY FAT (-> Lisa)
– TAKE BEFORE/AFTER PHOTOS: from the front, back, and side. Wear either underwear or a bathing suit.
MAIN FOOD RULES, from the book:
1. Avoid … all bread, rice (including brown), cereal, potatoes, pasta, tortillas, and fried food with breading.
2. Mix and match from the following list of foods, constructing each meal with one pick from each of the three groups (i.e. each meal should consist of protein, legumes, and vegetables):
*Egg whites with 1– 2 whole eggs for flavor (or, if organic, 2– 5 whole eggs, including yolks)
*Chicken breast or thigh
*Beef (preferably grass-fed)
*Mixed vegetables (including broccoli, cauliflower, or any other cruciferous vegetables)
* starred = worked especially well for the author, resulted in greatest fat loss
3. Don’t drink calories. 1-2 glasses of red wine per day are ok.
4. Don’t eat fruit. Tomatoes and avocados are ok in moderation.
5. Observe a cheat day once a week.
MORE SPECIFIC RULES FOR HOW TO EAT:
1. Eat breakfast, with about 30 g of protein, within an hour of waking
2. Eat at least 20 g of protein each meal.
3. Drink enough water.
4. Eat fermented foods (sauerkraut, kimchee, kefir, plain yogurt) and/or add probiotics for better gut bacteria
5. Add cinnamon to your coffee or foods, up to 1 1/2 tsp a day to decrease sugar spikes
6. Drink 3 tablespoons of fresh-squeezed lemon juice before meal to decrease sugar spikes
7. Eat SLOWLY. Spend at least 30 minutes eating lunch and dinner.
8. Eat decent quantities of fat at each larger meal.
RULES AND TIPS FOR CHEAT DAY
1. Minimize the release of insulin:
1.1. Ensure that your first meal of the day is not a binge meal. Make it high in protein (at least 30 grams) and insoluble fiber (legumes will handle this). The protein will decrease your appetite for the remainder of the binge and prevent total self-destruction. The fiber will be important later to prevent diarrhea. In total, this can be a smallish meal of 300– 500 calories.
1.2. Consume a small quantity of fructose, fruit sugar, in grapefruit juice before the second meal, which is the first crap meal. Even small fructose dosing has an impressive near-flat-lining effect on blood glucose.
1.3. Consume citric juices, whether lime juice squeezed into water, lemon juice on food, or a beverage like citrus kombucha.
2. Exercise to bring GLUT-4 (glucose transporter type 4) to the surface of muscle cells, opening more gates for the calories to flow into.
2.1. 30-50 reps of the following, a few minutes before eating, and about 90 minutes afterwards:
– wall presses (pushups against a wall)
– chest pulls with resistance band
3. Add caffeine or yerba mate tea at large meals to shorten time to food exiting stomach