James Clear writes on Medium: Here are 3 Surprisingly Simple Things You Can Do Right Now to Build Better Habits.
One nifty thing that I like is “Never miss twice”. If you missed a workout, or a healthy meal, don’t miss another one. One misstep is ok, but get back to the good path, don’t start a bad streak.
I like this man.
via Castelli Cycling
20 Protein-Packed Meatless Dinners.
– curried red lentils
– slow cooker lentil chili
– kale Caesar salad with tofu croutons
– creamy Indian lentils with a side of cauliflower
– baked sesame tofu sticks
– braised lentils and vegetables
10 Reasons You Aren't Losing Weight When You Think You're Doing Everything Right | Summer Tomato.
Note to self to read this more thoroughly. (Summer Tomato is the lady who advises the Whole Foods Diet on Lift.)
Also, props to myself for already incorporating several of these tips:
– I track my food/keep a journal (this here blog)
– I watch my portion sizes more than I used to, and I got back to weighing foods at home
– I use Lift
– I have the forbidden food later (love the cheat day, and that “deferred eating” tip from the book!)
– I focus on ingredients – simple, unprocessed foods whenever possible.
Room for growth:
– adding steps. The activity tracker part of the Withings Health Mate app tracks steps. I am nowhere near 10,000 a day (did not expect to be there either, but I might make this a goal).
– counting chews and putting my fork down between bites in order to slow down eating, because I am definitely a wolf-it-downer.